Sunday, July 6, 2014

Ascertain your Passion

 I often get to see some posts and pictures on social media about THE killer Monday.  People usually think that they don’t tend to like the beginning of the week. You can easily find Monday hating jokes and posts on twitter and Facebook these days. Some abuse poor Monday, some threaten it to go back and some even pray to God to send the Monday little later. I somehow find such posts hilarious; if not hilarious then at least such posts are idiotic for sure.You don’t like a particular day only because you don’t like your schedule of the day. It’s all about the job and the schedule you follow. However, I also could easily relate to such posts on Facebook because I also never like going to office on Mondays.  But if you sit and think quietly then you’ll get to know that it’s actually the work you’re doing. If you’re not doing a job of your own choice, you’ll never be able to enjoy it. It’s human tendency that if we don’t like something we start running off that. That’s the reason most of the people don’t feel like heading to their offices on Mondays because in the weekend they actually get some time off the work they don’t actually like to do.Back in 2012, when I finally started going to office, I never loved it that much. Initially it was OK. The hatred grew up gradually and now there’re very few things I actually like about my office. I realized I was not meant for this. It is something I just cannot keep doing for all my life long. Then I, along with some of my friends started an NGO last year. We named it Sarthak Foundation and started working for the slum children. (I actually didn't mean to advertise my venture here but this much introduction was required, I felt). But on a serious note, now I feel this is something I would want to keep doing forever.Today, we set up our office and it was our first day officially, though we have been working for it for the last one and a half years now. But today I realized that it’s not about the term ‘office’ we hate, it’s about the ‘work’ we do. We were just not ready to leave ‘our’ office today and all of us were sad that we’ll be able to come next on Saturday which is 6 days away from now.It’s not for us only; it’s for everyone out there who don’t feel like going to office on Monday. Mate, stop cursing poor Monday and start exploring where your passion lies. Put your efforts towards your passion and you will actually start loving your job. I don’t mean to share my Gyan but I think it will actually help. Because, it’s not Monday, It’s your job that sucks!!  :)




4 comments: